Book Club Questions
American Moonshot: John F. Kennedy and the Great Space Race
by Douglas Brinkley
- What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately or take some time to get into?
- How did the book make you feel? Are you glad you read it?
- Where were you when America landed on the moon?
- Which parts of the book stood out to you? Were there parts of the book that were thought provoking or disturbing?
- What were the main points you think the author was trying to make?
- How does this book compare to other books you have read? Is the book different in any way from the books you usually read?
- How did this book change you? Do you have a new perspective as a result of reading this book? Did you learn something you didn’t know before?
- What was your favorite quote or passage?
- Did the American space program unite the country? Are there new opportunities that could bring us together today?
- If you got a chance to ask the Douglas Brinkley one question, what would it be?